At Anchor Insurance Group, we want to wish you and yours a happy, healthy, and safe holiday!
During this season, you hope to create cherished memories with your loved ones. One way to do so is maintain a warm home. However, learning to do this safely can help prevent accidents, something you don’t want during the holidays. Here are some tips on how to stay cozy in your home:
• When burning an open fire, make sure to eliminate all fire hazards before starting it.
• If you have space heaters, make sure that you give them space and place them away from things that may easily burn. Avoid putting them above carpets or rugs. When no one is home or everyone is in bed, turn them off.
• Avoid using your stove or oven to get more heat circulating.
• Remind children they must shut the door after they come in to keep cold air out.
• Wear a sweater and socks. Layering clothes can keep you warmer and save you money in the long run.
• Get your furnace serviced by having it checked for efficiency by a HVAC company professional. If your unit is not working properly, it could be running longer and therefore costing you more money.
Using some of these methods to stay warm this holiday season can help conserve energy and save on heating expenses. As long as you keep safety in mind, your home can remain warm and filled with love all the way into the New Year!